Monday, May 25, 2009

Good morning mummies, mummies-to-be and daddies!

Welcome to my new blog! Here's a few details on who I am and what I want my blog to be about.
My name is Lara and I'm an Australian full-time mother of one soon to be two. I'm married to Brendan and have just celebrated my two year wedding anniversary. Brendan and I have a 12 month old son, James (otherwise affectionately called Jimmy) and I am 24 weeks pregnant with our second child. I have been pregnant for nearly our entire marriage, and am looking forward to NOT being pregnant for a year or 2 after the birth of baby number 2 ( for all those mothers out there who have had several children very close together you'll understand).

I have a very happy marriage, it has it's ups and downs like every good relationship and neither of our children were planned, especially James. Before we were parents, Brendan and I could certainly be defined as good-time-party-people, we LOVED partying, boozing, going out, carrying on, but since James' arrival, we have settled down, particularly me. I can't remember the last time I had a night out - I'm too tired! When I'm not pregnant I love a drink, especially at the end of a hard day, and I love, love, love to eat. I'm also a great lover of fitness and being fit, I like to look good and feel good about myself, and believe those two things go hand in hand : when you look good, you feel good and vice versa.

We are very normal people ( we're not ordinary tho, there's a difference), living a normal life with a mortgage and trying to build our lives.

My very informal blog is going to be about the trials and tribulations of motherhood, wifedom,
sleepless nights, hyper kids, being short of money, wearing my pyjamas at 7pm instead of a hot outfit at a party, trying to grow out a short haircut, being a parent and being hungover simultaneously, being pregnant, getting fat, getting skinny again...the list could go on and on.


I also will be pointing mummies (and daddies) in the direction of great products I have tried or am going to try, ranging from recipes for babies, beauty products, fitness products and information, bargain internet clothing, bags and shoes, baby and child products, help for baby sleeping issues (I know all about those)... all sorts of stuff. Sometimes people just need a little helping hand when they're looking for stuff and helps if someone else has tried it. I know I try stuff all the time that's been recommended on someone elses blog or web page.

Anyway, parents, thats it for the moment, but I will post again soon. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment